If you’re looking to turn your typical tailgate up a notch try these Hickory Smoked BBQ Sliders. Bacon, fried onions, sharp cheddar cheese and hickory smoked BBQ sauce are sure to impress even your pickiest guests. These burgers are also perfect if you’re trying to impress that cute guy at your weekend tailgate. Guys seem to like these burgers a lot – I’ve done the research!
Another popular item I make often are Deviled Egg Footballs. These are simple to throw together last minute and are super cute. Make your favorite deviled egg recipe and add chives on the top in the pattern of football laces, for this cute game day look.
Hickory Smoked BBQ Sliders
2 pounds of ground sirloin
24 slices of cooked and crispy bacon
1/2 red onion
2 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup hickory smoked BBQ sauce
12 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
12 slider rolls
- Slice onion into thin rings, then heat two tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Cook until onions have softened and become partially translucent. Remove from pan and place on aside.
- Cook bacon until browned and crispy. Place on paper towels and allow to cool.
- Make hamburger patties into small slider sized portions, you should have 12 burgers. Heat grill and cook burgers until desired doneness.
- Spread hickory smoked BBQ sauce on both sides of the buns, place cooked burgers on buns and top with cheddar cheese, bacon and onions.
Deviled Egg Footballs
1 dozen hard cooked eggs
½ cup of mayonnaise
1 teaspoon of coarse mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Small handful of sliced chives
- Peel and cut eggs in half lengthwise, and remove yolks and place in bowl. Mash yolks, stir in mayonnaise and coarse mustard.
- Spoon yolk and mayonnaise mixture evenly into egg whites and sprinkle with salt.
- Garnish with chives in the pattern of football laces.