Nothing says “Hello fall!” quite like a caramel apple. Refreshing fruit + sticky caramel + endless toppings = a guaranteed dessert win in my book. And now it’s faster than ever to whip up a DIY version of these sweets on-a-stick with this recipe for Easy Caramel Apples. The setup on this one couldn’t be simpler: Melt down store-bought caramels with a splash of heavy cream then dunk your apple-of-choice and coat it with a range of toppings, from chopped nuts to a chocolate drizzle. How are you celebrating fall this season? Share in the comments section below!
- 8 Granny Smith apples (or any other variety)
- 4 (4.51-oz.) bags soft caramels
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Assorted toppings, such as chopped nuts, sprinkles or melted chocolate for drizzling
- 8 lollipop sticks or popsicle sticks
- Wash and thoroughly dry the apples then press a lollipop stick firmly into the top of each apple. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Unwrap the caramels then place them in a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. Add the heavy cream and cook the caramels, stirring occasionally, until they melt and the mixture is a smooth consistency. Reduce the heat to low.
- Dip each of the apples into the caramel mixture, shaking off any excess and scraping any caramel off the bottoms of the apples. Roll the apples in your preferred toppings then place them on the lined baking sheet. Refrigerate the apples for 15 minutes or until the caramel has firmed up. Serve the apples immediately or store them in the fridge until ready to serve.