Boo! Googly eyes make these chocolate monster cookies come to life. (Well,almost.) With Halloween right around the corner I couldn’t resist baking these Halloween Double Chocolate Monster Cookies, from one of my favorite bloggers Naomi, from www.bakersyorale.com! These spook-tacular cookies have a brownie like flavor and couldn’t be more delicious. Is it just me or do googly eyes make everything better? I just can’t get enough of them this time of year!
These past few weeks I feel like I’ve been so busy, between traveling to NYC for the NYC Wine and Food Festival and working on a couple television segment projects, that I haven’t had time to make any Halloween themed treats. One of my favorite treats to make during the halloween season are cookies, because they’re simple and I can make them in advanced because they store really well. You can make these cookies today, and store them in the freezer until Halloween. That is… if you don’t eat them all right away!
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Argo® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups candy-coated chocolate OR peanut butter pieces
- 48 candy eyeballs
- Preparation: Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a second bowl, beat together sugar, butter, eggs, Karo® Dark Corn Syrup and Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolates.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheets. Lightly press down with the moistened heel of your hand. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until cookies are set but still soft. Cool on pans for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to rack to finish cooling.
*Recipe from Naomi Robertson – Bakers Royale, October 2015