Rice Krispie bars have always been one of my much loved desserts since I was a little kid. They are great plain and original, or dress them up by adding white chocolate, peanut butter, chocolate chips, cookies, you name it – if it’s sweet its great mixed in a Rice Krispe bar. One of my favorite, yet simple recipes are these White Chocolate Rice Krispe Squares with Milk Chocolate Drizzle. They aren’t too different from the original, but have an extra kick of sweetness that is truly wonderful.
Perfect for your children’s class, friends, family or co-workers these White Chocolate Rice Krispe Squares with Milk Chocolate Drizzsle are sure to be a hit. Package these treats with cellophane wrapping and a ribbon for an even more beautiful twist on a simple dessert.
1 box Rice Krispe Cereal
2 bags miniature marshmallows
½ cup melted butter
8 oz. white chocolate chips
½ cup melted milk chocolate
¾ cup M & M candies
- Grease a 9X 13” cake pan with butter, generously until all sides are covered.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter until completely melted on medium heat. Once melted add two bags of miniature marshmallows and stir until smooth and completely melted.
- Add the white chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and gradually pour cereal into pot, stirring until completely combined.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and press down lightly until the top is flat. Sprinkle M&M candies on top of bars and press into cereal mixture if needed.
- Take the melted milk chocolate and drizzle on top of bars. Allow to sit until completely hardened. Cut bars into rectangles and insert a Popsicle stick into one of the ends. Wrap with cellophane and tie a ribbon.