Noble Vines is a portfolio of wines that are crafted from grapes grown in sustainably farmed vineyards in Monterey and Lodi, CA. The chef there has created some amazing recipes that pair nicely with the wines and asked me to check some of them out. I decided to try the Turkey Shiitake Burger, which pairs well with the 667 Pinot Noir. It’s a balanced and lush wine with pleasing aromas of black cherry, earth and a touch of vanilla. Serve this for the Fourth this weekend, it’s OMG fab!
Turkey burgers are one of my favorite meals, especially in the summer. Sometimes they get bad reviews because unless they are seasoned and topped with delicious toppings, they can be a little bland. These burgers are anything but bland, in fact, they’re full of flavor. Sautéed onions and shiitake mushrooms, gruyere cheese, butter lettuce, dijon mustard top this burger that is seasoned to perfection. Pair with a glass of the 667 Pinot Noir and you have yourself a fabulous meal! Read more about Noble Vines here.
1 lb onions, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
2 tbs olive oil
2 cup thinly sliced onions
1 lb shiitake mushrooms, very thinly sliced
3 tbs butter
5 cl garlic, finely chopped
2 lb ground turkey
2 tsp soy sauce
2 1/2 tsp ground pepper
6 oz gruyere, sliced
6 hamburger buns
¾ cup Dijon mustard
1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
1. In a bowl combine onions, sugar, salt and pepper and mix well. Heat the oil in a skillet, add onions and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently but not constantly, until onions begin to brown.
2. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until onions are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove lid, and continue cooking until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Cook mushrooms in butter over medium heat until tender. Cool completely.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine turkey, soy, pepper, and mix until well combined. Form into 6 patties and cook on a preheated grill about 5 minutes on each side. Place cheese on top just before removing from heat to allow it to begin melting.
5. Transfer to a platter and top with onions and mushrooms.
6. Toast buns on the grill and spread with mustard. Arrange patties on buns add lettuce, and serve.