Every party needs a sweet ending which is why these red, white and blue Rice Krispie Pops are perfect for Fourth of July Festivities. Whether it’s a backyard bbq or a neighborhood block party these bars are sure to delight. This recipe requires only four items from the grocery store and can be completed in under 30 minutes. How fabulous is that?
16-count package of Rice Krispie Treats
12-oz. of white chocolate candy melts
Sprinkles in a variety of sizes
1. Melt the white chocolate candies using a double boiler. Don’t have a double boiler? You can use your microwave (being careful not to burn the chocolate).
2. Unwrap 16 rice krispie bars, and stand them up on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet. Insert the paper straws.
3. Spread a thin coat of the melted white chocolate over the top and sides of 2/3 of each bar. Then place them back on the cooling rack/baking sheet to catch any drips. Sometimes, tiny holes will appear in the chocolate as it cools, so we’ll add a second coat of chocolate after the first coat cools. (If you’re in a hurry, place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to speed things up.)
4. Once the first coat has cooled, spread a thin second coat of chocolate to fill any holes. Allow the second coat to cool. (Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator again to speed things up if desired.)
5. Drizzle the remainder of the white chocolate over the top of the white chocolate already on each treat. Then add the sprinkles to each bar. I recommend drizzling and applying sprinkles quickly to four treats at a time. (If you don’t complete this step fast enough, you may find that the white chocolate has hardened and your sprinkles won’t stick.)
6. Allow the white chocolate to harden thoroughly before serving.