Just over 37-feet tall, the Green Monster (correctly pronounced as “Monstah”) is enormous, mighty, and is known throughout baseball as the tallest wall in any Major League park. Luckily it’s not tall enough to stop Shane Victorino from blasting a grand slam over it! For those of you who don’t know what I’m referring to… well, it’s that big green wall at in the left field of Fenway Park, which Red Sox fans relatively recently nicknamed the “Green Monster.”
Just in time for Spring Training, these Green Monster Ice Cream Sandwiches are a perfect snack for the upcoming season. A double fudge cookie is piled high with mint chocolate chip ice cream and topped with another fudgy cookie. Even if you’re not a Red Sox fan, these cookies are delicious and your friends will all be begging for a piece of these Green Monstah Ice Cream Sandwiches!
½ cup butter at room temperature
½ cup brown sugar, packed firm
½ cup granulated sugar
1 egg at room temperature
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup semi- sweet chocolate chips
½ cup white chocolate chips
1 pint Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl cream butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla until combined. Slowly add in dry ingredients to batter and mix well. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet and then transfer onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Take ice cream out of freezer and allow to soften about 5 minutes. Scoop one large scoop of ice cream on to a cookie and then take another cookie and sandwich the ice cream between both cookies. Wrap in foil and place back into the freezer until ready to eat. Makes 6 sandwiches.