Looking for a spooky meal to serve to your family this year to make Halloween extra festive? I’ve got you covered with Mummy Meatballs! Another positive, it’s not one of those super gross-looking, unappetizing Halloween foods. Who really wants to eat something that totally grosses them out beforehand? Not me! It’s a fun and easy meal to serve this Halloween, for children and adults of all ages!
Use frozen (or homemade!) meatballs for this quick and spooky appetizer. Simply wrap the meatballs in pre-made crescent dough and bake until golden brown. The marinara sauce (aka blood) is a must, to not only turn up the spooky factor but to also turn up the flavor. This is one of those recipes that you’ll make for the kids but the adults will love even more. Don’t you love when that happens! These definitely bring out the kid in me!
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 24 frozen cooked meatballs, thawed
Small candy eye balls
Marinara sauce, for dipping
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line work surface with cooking parchment paper. On parchment-lined surface, unroll dough (if using crescent roll dough, press perforations to seal); cut into 4 rectangles.
2. With knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough.
3. Holding 2 meatballs close together, wrap 5 pieces of dough around them to look like “bandages,” stretching dough slightly to cover meatballs.
4. About 1/2 inch from 1 end of each meatball mummy, separate “bandages” so meatball shows through for “face.” On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped meatballs.
5. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and meatballs are hot. Add on candy eyes when meatballs are hot so they stick. Serve with warm marinara sauce.