Make a Cinco de Mayo celebration even more festive with this easy-to-make margarita recipe. These five ingredient Hibiscus Margaritas are a fun twist on the classic lime margarita. This drink starts out with the hibiscus tea concentrate made from hibiscus tea, water and agave nectar. The whole process is simple and quick and yields a gorgeous, magenta hibiscus tea concentrate perfect for adding a floral, tart-sweet punch to your favorite cocktails.
My favorite part about this cocktail is THE COLOR. It couldn’t be more gorgeous. I mean, it’s hot pink with a little pop of green… the perfect cocktail for The Preppy Hostess! What are some of your favorite margarita recipes? Share them with me in the comment section below!
- 3 cups filtered water
- 3/4 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sweetener of choice, or to taste (I used 1/2 agave, 1/2 cane sugar)
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup hibiscus tea concentrate
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- To make the hibiscus tea concentrate, bring 3 cups water to a boil, add hibiscus tea, stir, remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain into a jar or glass container using a fine mesh strainer and add sweetener to taste. I found 1/3 cup was about the right amount, using 1/2 agave nectar, 1/2 cane sugar. Stir to dissolve and let cool.
- To make two margaritas, add ice, cooled hibiscus tea concentrate, lime juice, tequila and 1 Tbsp agave nectar to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour over two glasses with ice. Salt or sugar rim is optional. Garnish with lime wedge and a fresh flower if you have one!