This week, it’s all about Easter entertaining. I know how stressful it can be around holidays, and that time is of the essence. However, if you’re hosting an event or bringing a dish, the goal is always to provide something delicious AND darling. Thankfully, the recipes I’ve been posting this week are both, with the added bonus of being easy and not too time consuming. Today, I’m continuing with these quick and cute recipes.
A double fudge, bite sized brownie, is topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting for the perfect balance of sweetness. Remember to pipe your frosting for a more finished look and sprinkle with Easter themed sprinkles. Perfect for large or small parties, these delectable Brownie Bites will leave you with an empty plate by the end of your event! (Since I know these will always be gone by the end of a party, I always hide 2 or 3 in a place like the vegetable drawer for a snack for later, that way no one will find them… don’t worry I won’t tell if you do the same!)
For the Brownies (This is the Hershey Chocolate brownie recipe)
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
4 oz cream cheese
4 oz butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
Yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with a generous amount of cooking spray. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Melt butter in a 10 – 12 cup saucepan over moderate heat. Stir in sugar and vanilla, and add eggs one at a time. Stir in dry ingredients, and stir in nuts. Spread smoothly in prepared pan. Bake 10 -13 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center just barely comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes. Cover with rack and turn pan over. Remove Let stand until cool. While cooling start the frosting.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese and butter and mix on high speed with an electric mixer until whipped. Add vanilla, and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time until smooth. Whip frosting on high until light and fluffy.
- Pipe frosting on cooled brownies, and sprinkle with sprinkles.