I love, love, love, New Year’s Eve. To me, there is nothing better than a glamorous sparkly black dress, champagne and appetizers. NYE encompasses all of these things into one fabulous night. This is such an easy appetizer to throw together; even if you aren’t great at cooking, you can do it. Serve with gourmet crackers or bread and fresh fruit (apples or pears go nicely with this dish). Pour a glass of Dom Perignon and enjoy!
2013 has been quite the year for me. There have been a lot of changes this year, but starting The Preppy Hostess has to be the best highlight of 2013 for me. Thank you all for following my blog, and I hope you continue to follow and enjoy my posts. Have a preppy, fabulous and safe 2014! Cheers!
2 sheets of puff pastry
1 8oz. Brie round
1/3 cup finely chopped toasted cinnamon pecans
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2 tbs pure maple syrup
2 tbs brown sugar
1 egg for egg wash
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a small bowl, combine pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and maple syrup.
3. Lay out a sheet of puff pastry. Place Brie on top, and then cover round with the nut/cranberry mixture.
4. Very carefully, cover the Brie by pulling the edges of the puff pastry one at a time and bring the edges together. Once completely covered pinch together at top to hold together. Take second sheet and decorate top. You can make leaves or a bow. Place on top and pinch on in places, so it will stay in place. Whisk the egg and brush over the pastry.
5. Place the Brie on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper and bake 15-18 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
6. Serve with crackers, toasted bread, or fresh fruit.