Pizza and football seem to go hand-in-hand, and the two are especially synonymous during the Super Bowl. Crispy pepperoni, green peppers for a little zing and tons of mozzarella cheese are rolled up into a bite sized snack that’s well, the Hail Mary of game-day snacks. Super Bowl appetizers should be quick and easy to make and I say anything that takes over 30 minutes, should sit the bench. You know what I always say… It’s always important to have time left over to curl your hair! Make sure to have extra marinara sauce on hand for dunking… that’s the best part!
1can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped pepperoni (about 1 1/2 oz)
2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (2 oz)
1/2 cup pizza sauce (from 8-oz can)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
3. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, pepperoni, bell pepper and Italian cheese blend over each rectangle.
4. Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle; press edge to seal. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 6 slices; place cut side down on cookie sheet.
5. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Meanwhile, heat pizza sauce. Immediately remove pinwheels from cookie sheet. Serve warm with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
This recipe is from www.Pillsbury.com.